Applications are being invited from eligible candidates for the positions of Clinical Psychologists. The recruitment would be on a purely contractual basis for the Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (KaBHI). Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria have to visit the institute with their resumes and testimonials in original. Other information related to the vacancy is as follows.
NIMHANS Bangalore is one of the dream institutes for most students who want to become a mental health professional in India. The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs and fellowship programs. This is a “Deemed to be University” from 1994 by the government for its eminent academic growth and contributions.
To be eligible for the post, candidates must have completed their M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology program. It is notable that if the desirable candidate is not available, the students who have completed their M.A. /M.Sc. in Psychology would be considerable.
One year experience with evaluation and counseling of patients with neurological disorders.
The selected candidates will receive a consolidated emolument of ₹40,000/- per month.
The candidates, who want to apply for the vacancy must not exceed the age of 45 years.
The initial appointment will be for 6 months. It can be increased further based on the satisfactory performance of the candidates.
Responsibilities of the Positions
The candidates, who are selected for the position of Clinical Psychologist at NIMHANS will be responsible for the works mentioned below.
- Evaluation of the psychological status of patients with neurological disorders along with a multidisciplinary team
- Coordinate multidisciplinary care, including counseling and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disease at the district general hospital
- Support outreach activities of training, screening and
- awareness programs
- Documentation of data and help in analysis
- Any other work assigned by the concerned higher officers
How to Apply?
The candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria need to appear in the walk-in interview along with their resumes and testimonials in original on 25 Jan 2024. The interview may continue till late in the evening. Hence, candidates should prepare themselves accordingly.
Time and Venue for Interview: Board Room, 4th Floor, NBRC building, NIMHANS 09.30 AM
Here is some important information that a candidate should keep in mind.
- The choice of districts will be based on the individual counseling and the performance of the candidate in the skill test.
- Candidates will not receive any TA /DA for attending the written test.
- The applicant should be conversant in writing and speaking the Kannada Language.
- Also, the project requires travel to various districts of Karnataka.